EIGHT women started our centre, originally as a child-minding centre on March 24, 1949.
They moved from the Geebung Memorial Hall into an army disposals hut on Robinson Rd in 1952.
This hut was then moved to Weenga St in 1960, where a kindergarten and childcare centre was conducted.
A big demand for Preschool saw an end to our childcare days in 1965.
A new centre was build in Maidencombe St and was officially opened on March 5, 1966. The Association was incorporated in 1986.How to Enrol
Our centre today
GKP is a two-unit centre providing facilities for up to 88 children.
Our aim is to provide a foundational play-based, educational curriculum for children, the year prior to entry into Prep.
We provide a warm, caring environment with quality care and education for all children and value gender, culture and social justice.